So what comes to mind when you think of a luxury gated community? Well, expensive homes, celebrities, expensive cars and all that luxury can offer. This is absolutely true. However, one of the factors that home owners like about gated communities is the serene and elegant atmosphere along with sturdy security. That is why the real estate industry has seen an up surge in gated communities in the past few decades compared to the conventional way of buying a single home, as it is slowly becoming outdated.
But is it a good idea to live in a gated community? Although it may have numerous advantages, it’s also important to consider the negatives before making the move. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of living in a luxury home within a gated community in order for you make an informed decision before investing.
Pros of Living In a Gated Community
It goes without saying that living within a gated community comes with a lot of advantages.
- A lifestyle of exclusivity and luxury; Living in a luxury gated community is the epitome of leisure and luxury. Buying a property in such a place will sure transform your lifestyle in many ways. Not only will you interact will other opulent people, but you will also be exposed to other luxuries amenities and breath taking landscapes. Furthermore, you will e ale to get access to these amenities any time you need giving you absolute exclusivity.
- Security and privacy; Security and privacy are the main advantages of living in a gated community. This is in fact ideal for families as there will e a sense of security and you won’t have to worry about the security of your kids. Additionally, al your visitors will have to make an appointment before visiting which gives you a sense of privacy.
- Clean and healthy environment; most gated communities have policies against polluting the environment. That’s the reason why you will always find them with a plethora of green grass and well trimmed trees to make it serene. Additionally, the fact that you have a wall surrounding you protecting you from the outside means that the dirt from outside won’t affect you.
- Having a feeling of belonging; unlike leaving in a neighborhood, living in a gated community gives you a feeling of belonging. This is because you will belong in a community of people with same interests.
Living in a private gated community is a magnificent and luxurious way to live, if you can afford it that is. There are a plethora of scattered luxury gated communities throughout the United States, mainly located on the East Coast, Southern Florida, and Southern California. To see some of the 15 exclusive gated communities where the rich and famous flock to, click here.
Cons of Living In a Gated Community
Unlike the pros, the cons of living in a gated community are very few. Even so, it’s only paramount to mention them, they include;
- Maintenance cost; There are very many luxurious amenities in a gated community like the swimming pool, health centers, sports facilities and gymnasium that are accessible y all the members living in the community. This will only mean added cost of living and maintenance even if you don’t use the facilities regularly.
- Community rules; Living in a gated community means that you will have to abide by the rules and regulations governing the community. This is just like living in a paradise prison.
Overall, if you can afford to live in a magnificent gated community with state-of-the-art amenities, then why not? What is holding you back? Take the leap today, and reach out to your local leading real estate agent today!